Small businesses with as few as 1-2 full-time employees may be eligible for small business health insurance! Also, eligibility rules vary across insurance carriers. In order to make the process simple, we've built a handy eligibility tool to help you determine eligibility!
From your SimplyInsured quote, start by entering the ages of your employees that need coverage in the top left corner of the quote where it says "Enter Employee Ages":
This will let us know the number of employees who are in your company, an important input to your group's eligibility. Next, click the filter under "Am I Eligible?" on the left side of the screen:
This will bring up an eligibility survey! Answer to the best of your knowledge to get the most accurate results. If you aren't sure, feel free to use the live chat feature in the bottom right corner of the screen to ask questions.
After you finish the questionnaire, you will see one of three answers:
- "You are eligible for all small group health insurance plans."
- This means you are eligible for every plan you see on your quote!
- "You are eligible for small group health insurance with some carriers."
- This means that some carriers will consider you eligible, but some will not.
- "Unfortunately, you do not qualify for small group health insurance."
- This means that based on the answers you provided, that you would not qualify as a small business for health insurance purposes.
- If you're not 100% sure if that's right, please use the live chat feature to speak to an agent.
If you are eligible for only some plans, you can see which ones you're eligible for by looking for the green checkmark that says Eligible.