If your company has employees pay for any portion of their insurance premiums, then you will need to set up payroll deductions to collect your employees' share of the premiums. Setting these up in your payroll system is simple and easy!
To find the information on how to locate the payroll deduction amounts through your SimplyInsured dashboard, you can refer to the "Payroll Deductions Table" section through the following link:
Once you have these amounts pulled up, simply enter them into your payroll system. Below, we have included links to instructions on entering deductions into some of the most popular payroll providers.
NOTE: Here are some tips to consider when entering the deductions for insurance premiums,.
- The deductions for your health insurance purchased through SimplyInsured should be entered as pre-tax deductions.
- Make sure that the payroll table is set to reflect the correct payroll frequency for your company (weekly, biweekly, etc.).
- Ensure that you are entering deductions as a dollar amount ($) rather than as a percentage of salary (%).
- Make sure you set this as a recurring deduction rather than a one-time deduction
- If your payroll provider has a place for you to enter the company contribution for insurance premiums, make sure you do so! This will make it easy for you to find this information later when you are filing your company's taxes.
With these tips in mind, you can find your payroll provider in the list below and follow their instructions on setting up your payroll deductions:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: