When you sign up for a new Blue Shield of CA policy, you pay your first month's premiums by ACH payment.
If you would like to set up automated monthly payments:
Note: You will need an online account with Blue Shield of California to set up automatic payments. If you do not have an employer account, see instructions on how to pay online below to create an account.
- Click "Go -->under "billing"
- Click "Set up autopayment" and follow the instructions
Aside from automatic debit you have several other payment options:
- Pay online
- Pay by phone
- Pay by check
To pay online, you need access to the Blue Shield of California employer portal. To register:
- Go to https://www.blueshieldca.com/employer/home.sp
- Click "Register" on the right hand side of the page.
- Enter your group number and click "Verify"
- Fill in the invoice information to complete the process
- If you need your latest invoice, email us at email@example.com
To pay by phone, you will need your invoice:
- Call 1-800-325-5166 and say "billing and payment"
- Certify you are the account administrator
- Input your account number located on the top invoice
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: