Alright, so you’ve gotten approved, you’re familiar with your SimplyInsured dashboard, and you’re taking advantage of all the perks of your plan. Great job!
Now you’re considering hiring a new employee, and you’re not sure what to do. Here are some helpful tidbits on how to make this process as painless as possible.
- Check to see how much it would cost you (and your prospective employee) if you were to bring them on-board. We have a tool that will help you figure this out quickly and easily. To read up on how to use this tool, check out this article: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/articles/213548046-How-Much-Will-It-Cost-To-Add-a-New-Employee-to-My-Company-s-Plan-
- Begin the process by using your SimplyInsured Dashboard. We’ve made it easy to add a new employee to your Insurance Plan - in fact, you don’t have to contact the Insurance Company at all. We even have an article that will walk you through the entire process (with screenshots). Click here to read the article: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/articles/214943703-How-Do-I-Add-an-Employee-to-My-Company-s-Insurance-Plan-
- Set appropriate expectations with your new employee about their application. Just like it was with your application, the underwriting process will not be an overnight event. It will take upwards of two weeks to get approved, and another two weeks before they get their ID cards in the mail. They can, however, begin seeing a Medical professional once they are approved - just make sure they’re aware of the effective date of their coverage. This is usually the 1st day of the next month after you’ve hired them, barring a waiting period that you may have imposed on all new employees.
Now you know what to do. But what if you need to remove an employee from your Policy? This process is just as easy, and we’ve written up an equally helpful article (with screenshots) that will walk you through how to do this. Click here to read the article: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/articles/207700713-How-Do-I-Terminate-an-Employee-from-My-Company-s-Insurance-Plan-
Jump to another section in the Getting Started Guide:
- The Approval Process
- How Do I Set-Up Payroll?
- Congratulations! You're Approved...What Now?
- How Can I Get the Most Out of My Plan?
- Why Do I Need My ID Card?
- What If I Hire Someone New?
If you have additional questions for us, and can’t find the answer in our Help Center, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team here: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/requests/new