Hi there! So, you’ve been approved for a Health Insurance Plan, and now you’re wondering what kind of perks are available to you. Read on to find out the 10 benefits that everybody with Insurance is entitled to.
- Outpatient Services: This means you can see a Doctor in their office, receive treatment, and then walk out. Roughly translated, this means you can make an appointment to see a Doctor and your insurance will cover at least some portion of it.
- Prescription Services: At least one drug in every major category and class is covered under your plan.
- Emergency Care: You can go to the ER at any hospital without needing pre-authorization. Emergency Care also does not require that you be In-Network, so even if you didn’t go to your normal hospital ER, your out-of-pocket costs will be the same as if you did.
- Hospitalization: While your out-of-pocket costs may be high, your Plan is required to cover at least a portion of your stay if you ever need to stay in the Hospital.
- Maternity and Newborn Care: Maternity Care is considered preventative, and may not lead to out-of-pocket expenses. Newborn Infant care is as well Childbirth are also required to be covered.
- Pediatric Dental and Vision: If you are 18 years or younger, you can receive a number of dental and vision services that will be covered. This includes: 2 teeth cleanings, X-rays, Braces, Glasses, and more.
- Laboratory Diagnostics: If you are showing symptoms of a Disease, you can get X-rays or MRI’s done and have them covered under your plan.
- Rehabilitative Services and Devices: If you require rehabilitative services to help you regain the ability to speak, walk, or work, your plan will cover it. You are also covered if you need a cane, a wheelchair, a walker, or other assistive devices.
- Mental Health Services: If you need to see a therapist, your plan covers that!
- Preventative and Wellness Services: You are entitled to everything that the US Preventative Task Force recommends as a preventative service for free! That list can be found here: https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Name/uspstf-a-and-b-recommendations/
Jump to another section in the Getting Started Guide:
- The Approval Process
- How Do I Set-Up Payroll?
- Congratulations! You're Approved...What Now?
- How Can I Get the Most Out of My Plan?
- Why Do I Need My ID Card?
- What If I Hire Someone New?
If you have additional questions for us, and can’t find the answer in our Help Center, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team here: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/requests/new