Hi There! So, you exercised some patience through the approval process, and just got approved for Health Insurance. Congratulations!
So...what do you do now?!? Well, here are a few helpful tidbits on where to get started:
- Get familiar with your SimplyInsured Dashboard. There are a vast array of great tools that will help you manage your Health Insurance Policy without having to go to the Insurance Company’s website.
- Make sure you’re getting the most out of your plan! There are tons of things that you are entitled to get at little to no cost each year. We even wrote an article to help you out. To read up on what some of these things are, click here: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004866426-How-Can-I-Get-the-Most-Out-Of-My-Plan-
- Look for your ID Cards in the mail. Your Insurance Carrier Is going to send you ID cards the old fashioned way (snail mail) immediately post-approval. These cards will provide you with an easy way to identify yourself as an insured individual when you go see the Doctor, or fill a prescription. Note that these cards generally take around two weeks to show up post-approval. For more information about ID Cards, check out our article describing the purpose for these cards here: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004866446-Why-Do-I-Need-My-ID-Card-
- Figure out what Doctors are In-Network, and come up with a “what if” plan just in case something goes wrong. Your Insurance Carrier’s website should have an option to search for Doctors that are in network based on your plan. Make note of the best Doctor to see for regular check-ups, as well as where the closest ER or Urgent Care locations are.
Jump to another section in the Getting Started Guide:
- The Approval Process
- How Do I Set-Up Payroll?
- Congratulations! You're Approved...What Now?
- How Can I Get the Most Out of My Plan?
- Why Do I Need My ID Card?
- What If I Hire Someone New?
If you have additional questions for us, and can’t find the answer in our Help Center, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team here: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/requests/new