Hi there! So, you’ve submitted your application for Medical Insurance, and now you’re stuck playing the waiting game. What now? Well, here are a few helpful tidbits to tide you over while you wait.
- Your application is going to take some time to get approved. This is not an overnight process. It is perfectly normal to have to wait 5-10 days before you hear anything at all. Underwriting for Insurance takes a long time, and your application may need to go through several channels before it gets that final step of approval. In some cases, the approval process can take as long as three weeks!
- When your application is eventually approved, regardless of how long it takes, your effective date will still be based on when you originally submitted the application, NOT when your application was approved.
- If you’re an employer, make sure you set-up Autopay with your Insurance Company. We recommend doing this X-Z days after you submit your application, just to ensure the underwriting process is far enough along for you to not waste your time. You should be able to do this via their website, or by calling them directly.
- Read through our Health Insurance 101 Document, here: https://www.simplyinsured.com/advice/health-insurance-101/
Jump to another section in the Getting Started Guide:
- The Approval Process
- How Do I Set-Up Payroll?
- Congratulations! You're Approved...What Now?
- How Can I Get the Most Out of My Plan?
- Why Do I Need My ID Card?
- What If I Hire Someone New?
If you have additional questions for us, and can’t find the answer in our Help Center, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team here: https://support.simplyinsured.com/hc/en-us/requests/new