When you receive your Anthem Blue Cross bill, you will see it is divided into two sections: Billing Summary and Membership Detail.
1) Billing Summary
Billing Summary contains your previous payment activity and your current charges.
- Prior Billing: Shows the amount paid from the previous billing cycle and any leftover balances. This will also show any retroactive credits or charges for past employee premiums(enrollments or terminations)
- Current Billing: Your group's premiums for the current month
- Total Amount Due: Total balance for the billing cycle
2) Membership Detail
The Membership Details section contains the breakdown of each employee's premiums.
- Subscriber Amount: Premiums for the employee only
- Dependent Amount: Premiums for the employee's family
- Premium Amount: Total premiums for the employee and their family (Subscriber Amount + Dependent Amount)
Note: If there are no outstanding balances from the previous month, the total Premium Amount should be equal to the Total Amount Due under Billing Summary. If there is any leftover balance from the previous month, just add that to your current month's premiums and that is your outstanding balance for the billing cycle.
If you would like information on how to pay your bill, you can refer to this article:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: