When you receive your Humana bill, you will see it is divided to 2 sections: Group Summary and Member Details.
1) Group Summary
Group Summary contains your previous payment activity, adjustments, and your current charges:
- Payments: Payment activity from the previous month. Any leftover balances are indicated in this section
- Premiums by Product Type: Summary of your group's premiums broken down by product type (medical, dental, and specialty, such as vision, life, etc.)
- Premiums by Plan Type: Summary of your group's premiums broken down by each plan your group has
2) Member Details
The Member Details section contains the breakdown of each employee's premiums:
- Employee Total: Employee's total charges for the billing month. Any adjustments for retroactive credits or charges are also found in this section
- Total Premium: All Employee Totals combined accounted in your current billing
When you see the "Total Premium" in this section, this is the total charge for your group's billing cycle. Adding this to the Group Summary's leftover balances equals the total balance for the billing cycle.
If you would like information on how to pay your bill, you can refer to this article:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: