When you receive your Humana bill, you will see it is divided to 3 sections: Invoice Summary, Group Summary and Member Details.
1) Invoice Summary
The invoice summary page is where you will see information such as Total Due, Past Due, and Due Date
2) Group Summary
Group Summary contains your previous payment activity, adjustments, and your current charges:
- Payments: Payment activity from the previous month. Any leftover balances are indicated in this section
- Premiums by Product Type: Summary of your group's premiums broken down by product type (medical, dental, and specialty, such as vision, life, etc.)
- Premiums by Plan Type: Summary of your group's premiums broken down by each plan your group has
- Both the Product type and Plan type sections will further break down the premiums by Employee only (EMP), Employee plus one dependent (E1D), Employee plus Spouse (ESP), Employee plus Children (ECH), and Family (FAM). There is also a Plan Type Legend that describes the plan codes.
2) Member Details
The Member Details section contains the breakdown of each employee's premiums:
- Employee Total: Employee's total charges for the billing month. Any adjustments for retroactive credits or charges are also found in this section. Charges are broken down by plan type (medical, dental, specialty such as vision)
- Total Premium: All Employee Totals combined accounted in your current billing
- Type: This is where information about each employee's account type is shown. You can see an example of an Employee only account (EMP) and also an Employee plus Children (ECH) account
When you see the "Total Premium" in this section, this is the total charge for your group's billing cycle. Adding this to the Group Summary's leftover balances equals the total balance for the billing cycle.
If you have specific questions about the information contained in your Humana bill or need help with understanding what you see, you can always call the Billing Support line at 1-800-232-2006 and they can assist you further.
If you would like information on how to pay your bill, you can refer to this article:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: