When you receive your UnitedHealthcare bill, you will see it is divided into 2 sections: Summary and Details.
The Summary contains your previous payment activity, adjustments, and your current charges.
- Current charges: This is the current charges for the month of coverage this bill pertains to.
- Adjustments: This will show credits and charges for employees you have enrolled or terminated from coverage
- Account Adjustments: Pertains to this month's retroactive credits or charges and leftover balances
- Current Adjustments: Current month's credits or charges
- Total: This is the amount you will pay for the billing cycle (Total Charges + Total Adjustments)
The Details section contains the breakdown of each employee's premiums.
- Charge amount is your current month's premiums broken down by employee.
- The amount (under Adjustment Detail) includes credits and charges for employees you have terminated or enrolled
- The total is the total charges for all your employees (Charge Amounts + Adjustment Amounts)
When you add all the employee total charges, this corresponds to the "Total" amount under the "Summary" section, meaning this is the amount you will pay for your current bill.
If you have any questions about your bill, you can always call 888-842-4571 to speak with a UnitedHealthcare representative who can guide you through the charges and explain anything that does not make sense.
If you would like information on how to pay your bill, you can refer to this article:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: