When you receive your United Healthcare bill, you will see it is divided to 2 sections: Summary and Details.
Summary contains your previous payment activity, adjustments and your current charges.
- Description: Shows the plan and enrollment summary of your group
- Adjustments: Credits and charges for enrollment or termination of employees
- Account Adjustments: Pertains to previous month's retroactive credits or charges and leftover balances
- Current Adjustments: Current month's credits or charges
- Total: Amount you will pay for the billing cycle (Total Charges + Total Adjustments)
The Details section contains the breakdown of each employee's premiums.
- Charge Amount: Current month's premiums
- Amount (under Adjustment Detail):Credits and charges for retroactive enrollments or terminations
- Total: Total charges for the employee (Charge Amount + Adjustment Amount)
When you add all the employee total charges, this corresponds to the "Total" amount under the "Summary" section, meaning this is the amount you will pay for your current bill.
If you would like information on how to pay your bill, you can refer to this article:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: