When you receive your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas bill, you will see it is divided to 2 sections: Bill Summary and Subscriber Fees.
Bill Summary contains previous payment activity, adjustments and your current charges.
- Payments: Payment activity you've made in the previous month
- Adjustments: Credits and charges for retroactive enrollment or termination of employees
- Remaining Balance: Balance leftover from your previous month's billing (Payments + Adjustments)
- Current Charges: Your group's premiums for the month
- Subscriber Fee Adjustments: Credits and charges accounting for changes in employees' billing
- Total Amount Due: Amount you will pay for the billing cycle (Remaining Balance + Total Fees)
The total amount due is your outstanding balance for the billing cycle and needs to be paid in order to keep your account active.
The Subscriber Fees section contains the breakdown of each employee's premiums.
- Retro Fee Adjust: Credits and charges for retroactive enrollments or terminations
- Current Charges: Current month's premium
- Total Charges: Retro Fee Adjust + Current Charges
- Total Fees: Total charges for your group
Total Fees pertain to your current month's premiums. This corresponds to the Total Fees section under Bill Summary. When you add the Remaining Balance from your previous month's billing, this corresponds to your Total Amount Due.
If you would like information on how to pay your bill, you can refer to this article:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: