When you receive your Aetna bill, you will see it is divided to 6 sections: View Summary, Current Inforce Charges, Retroactivity, View Adjustments, Other Charges/Fees.
View Summary contains the a general overview of your group's charges organized by plan for the current billing cycle.
- Product: Summary of your group's premiums by product type(medical, dental and specialty, such as vision, life, etc.)
- Total Current Amount: Total premiums for all your group's plans for all lines of coverage
Current Inforce Charges
The Current Inforce Charges section contains the breakdown of each employee's premiums.
- Total: Employee's total charges for the billing month
The Retroactivity section contains the credits and charges for retroactive enrollment or termination of employees.
- Effective Date: Shows for which billing period the retroactive charge/credit was made for
- Total: Shows the net charge or credit for all the retroactive billing for the employee
The View Adjustments section shows any changes for an employee's premium charges. This is different from Retroactivity as adjustments pertain to any change in premium pricing, while retroactivity refers to old credit or charges that were not accounted for in previous bills.
- Change Reason: Shows the reason why an adjustment was made on an employee's premiums(date of birth correction, plan change, etc.)
- Net Change Empl Id: Provides the net change for the adjustment (New Amount - Old Amount)
Other Charges or Fees will contain any charges not pertaining to any specific employee or premiums
- Current Admin Other Adjustments: Shows the reason for the charge (reinstatement fee, late charge, etc.)
When you sum up all the charges from each section, this is the total amount you will pay for your current bill and this is also shown in the Amount Due on the top of your bill.
If you would like information on how to pay your bill, you can refer to this article:
If you have any questions about this, please submit a request to our customer care team at the link below: